TELLCAP® - Test of English Language Level for Controllers And Pilots
TELLCAP® testing system is designed to assess the level of the English language proficiency of pilots, flight navigators, radio operators, air traffic controllers and aeronautical station operators in accordance with the ICAO language proficiency rating scale.
TELLCAP® is a reliable testing system with 10+ years of operation in Russia and abroad.
On 20 June 2012 TELLCAP® was endorsed by ICAO.
TELLCAP® is developed in line with the ICAO requirements for language testing described in Manual on the implementation of ICAO Language Proficiency Requirements (Doc 9835) and ICAO Circular 318 “Language Testing Criteria for Global Harmonization”.
TELLCAP® is oriented on the ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices stated in Annex 1 to the Convention on International Civil Aviation “Personnel Licensing”.
Language proficiency level is determined by the test-taker’s ability to:
- communicate effectively in voice-only and in face-to-face situations;
- communicate on common, concrete and work-related topics with accuracy and clarity;
- use appropriate communicative strategies to exchange messages and to recognize and resolve misunderstandings (e.g. to check, confirm, or clarify information) in a general or work-related context;
- handle successfully and with relative ease the linguistic challenges presented by a complication or unexpected turn of events that occurs within the context of a routine work situation or communicative task with which they are otherwise familiar;
- use and understand dialects or accents which are intelligible to the aeronautical community.
TELLCAP® is intended for evaluating ICAO Language Proficiency Levels 1 through 6 regardless of the candidate’s mother tongue and the English language learning experience.
TELLCAP® test results are introduced in the Russian and English languages into the Certificate signed by the Director of CompLang Aviation Training Center and rubber-stamped. The candidates who demonstrate language proficiency at ICAO level 4 or higher receive a special TELLCAP® badge.
On our TELLCAP® web-site you can learn more about the history of the test development, testing requirements, Certificates and Licenses, test format and demo-version, lexical domains and useful hints for the test takers. You can also listen to the rated speech samples.
The test can be taken in
Our examiners can go to other locations on short notice.
You can always contact us for any further information or sign up for the test:
|Tel.:||+7 (495) 589-1356|
|+7 (495) 991-3703|